Forrest and I were recently honored with the One Lovely Blog Award by esteemed writer, blogger, and WANA Tribe member Janice Heck. If you’ve never visited her blog, My Turn, you’re missing out on some delightful, entertaining, and inspiring posts.
I’m linking back to her One Lovely Blog Award post because it includes 7 interesting facts about her that make for a lovely introduction to her blog. Thank you, Janice, for thinking of Forrest and I, and bestowing us this award.
After receiving this gracious nomination, we googled it in an attempt to discover more about its origin and meaning. It’s long, prestigious history is well hidden on the internet.
Despite its secretive nature, we found numerous badges for the award and Forrest was immediately smitten with the image of the butterfly tree. He asked that the color be changed from bright pink to his favorite eco-friendly green. Who am I to say no to a clearly smitten frog?
The rules for accepting the award were more easily located than its origin and history. They are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post:
Thanks again, Janice. Forrest was tickled green when he learned who nominated us!
- Share seven little known facts about yourself:
Since most facts about me are little known, this should be a hop in the park. So my 7 little known facts of randomness are:
1) On a childhood trip to Georgia, I filled our empty hotel bathtub with tiny frogs from the parking lot. I told my mom I wanted to fall asleep to the sound of their singing and would release them in the morning. That was the night the word NOW took on entirely new meaning.
2) I became a vegetarian in November 2010. Since then, I’ve lost 42 pounds and resolved a host of chronic health issues. Morningstar Farms soy-based meat substitutes are personal favorites more appetizing than the real thing. Boca burger, anyone?
4) Several times in the last six months, my battery drained GPS has mysteriously powered on and announced, “In 100 yards, you have reached your destination.” I find this seriously creepy and am wondering if I should trade in mayhem for old fashioned maps.
7) One of my Bucket List items is a trip to Key West, FL to drive Seven Mile Bridge, visit Hemingway House, and watch the stunning sunsets. Of course there would have to be time for sea kayaking and maybe a tandem skydive over the ocean … preferably at sunset!
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers you follow and admire:
Choosing blogger nominees is by far the most difficult task, not only because there are so many worthy blogs and bloggers, but because it’s also difficult to know who’s received a particular award. After much deliberation, our nominees are:
Ellen Gregory at To Beyond and Back
Sara Walpert Foster at Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition
Sherri Martin-Hutchins at Live Wonderstruck
Alina Sayre at Illuminations
DB Smyth at Broken Pieces and Beautiful Things
SM Nonnemacher at Barefoot Bliss
SJ Driscoll at Come Sit By My Fire
Ben DeVries at Not One Sparrow
Judythe Morgan at Voices and Views from the Front Porch
Helen McMullin at Foofaraws by Helen: The Ties That Bind
Jennifer Oliver at World Beneath the Evening Star
Barbara Forte Abate at Scribbling Outside the Lines
Mike Schulenberg at Realms of Perilous Wonder
Linda Adams at Soldier, Storyteller
Sherry Isaac at Psychological Sizzle
If Forrest and I have nominated someone who’s already received this award, well … we just wanted you to know we think your blog is lovely too!