Last Wednesday I came home from work to find a family of rabbits playing tag in the backyard, 2 goldfinches performing an intricate mid-air ballet above the bird feeder, and 3 hummingbirds vying for position at the front porch nectar bar.
When I signed onto Twitter, I discovered that fellow WANA alum and ‘creator and destroyer of worlds,’ Mike Schulenberg had nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you, Mike for adding another smile and more joy to my day!
I’m honored and Forrest was speechless. He wants to know if this flower makes his eyes look big.
As with most blog awards, there are certain rules you must follow to accept the nomination. The official WordPress VBA site lists them as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
I guess I jumped the gun on this one in the second paragraph, but thank you again, Mike!
- Select 15 blogs you follow and enjoy, and nominate them for the award.
I read and follow a lot of blogs so choosing only 15 wasn’t easy. Many of these deserving bloggers may already have been nominated, but since I have no way of knowing, here’s my original list:
1. Susan Chernak McElroy at Animals as Teachers and Healers
2. Ben DeVries at Not One Sparrow
3. Michael Cogdill at Throwing a Bash for the Written Word
4. Alina Sayre at Illuminations
5. Deb Reilly at A Blog Devoted to Unbranded Faith, Humor, and Mindfulness
6. Barbara Forte Abate at Scribbling Outside the Lines
7. Jodi Lea Stewart at Walking on Sunshine
8. Susi Nonnemacher at Barefoot Bliss
10. Sherry Isaac at Psychological Sizzle
11. Janice Heck at My Turn
12. Judythe Morgan at http://judythewriter.wordpress.com/
13. Nikki Figular at Obsessive Chihuahua Disorder
14. Ann Foweraker at The Practical Hedgehog Writes
15. Christine Davis at Lighthearted Press
- Tell 7 random things about yourself:
I’ll make this as short, sweet, and random as possible because sometimes less is more.
1. Road trips usually include frequent stops to rescue misguided turtles. They don’t seem to fare as well as the chickens crossing the road.
2. My first purchase from a winning Powerball ticket would be a small Caribbean island to be populated with rescue chihuahuas from US kill shelters. Chihuahua Beach would be ruled by the tiny seniors and special needs. Palm trees and little hammocks would be plentiful because siestas rule the day!
3. There’s not much I hate worse than going to the dentist. Novacaine, drilling, and root canals are the stuff of nightmares. A dentist would make a great antagonist in a Stephen King horror novel.
4. There aren’t many shoes in my closet and 50% of them are flip flops.
6. Life is a soundtrack and my iPod is an eclectic mix of country, pop, rock, classical, New Age, contemporary Christian, and movie tunes. About the only thing you won’t find is heavy metal, hip-hop, or rap.
7. My dogs are fashion conscious and have a better wardrobe than I do.
Enough about me. I hope you’ll share some of your favorite blogs or a random fact about yourself in the comments section below. They’re major serendipity!